Pages

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Quick post

Just wanted to write my first post from my new lovely and sleek Mac Book Pro. Problem 1 of why I wasn't writing often enough is now solved so I must think of a new excuse :)

My apartment hunting saga is also drawing to a close so I have to get that post in order as well. Tonight I had a weird, scene from a movie/epiphany moment walking back from the subway through Midtown. This random Mary J Blige song came on my iPod (I think it was called Baggage?) and all the sudden the words and the beat and the lights of the Empire State Building just aligned and I found myself smiling, holding my head up a little higher than normal and swaying to the music while I tried not to shiver from the cold (yes west coast readers-fall has arrived here in NY...). Anyway I felt like I should be the opening scene to some movie where the main character moves to NY with just a suitcase and a dream and by the end she overcomes hardship to find love, success and money. So who would play me? I'd be happy with a Natalie Portman/Keira Knightley type I think :)

No comments: