Pages

Thursday, June 11, 2009

Full Speed Ahead...

This past week has been really cool! I had a really awesome experience attending various seminars, conferences, parties and the likes, while covering Internet Week as a social communicator for Pepsico. I met some amazing, smart and quirky people, and got to meet people whom I previously had only known by their twitter avatars or their blog pen names. I am happy to report that they were all just as intelligent and interesting in real life :)

The events ended on Monday and I have just been relaxing and enjoying my last few days of independent work before I go back to a full-time position next week! This weekend I will be spending with 10 of the coolest people in NYC at our summer share on Fire Island. I haven't been there since like, our 6th grade field trip to Watch Hill and maybe one mid-high school 4th of July after that. Anyway--I'm excited. We will staying in Ocean Beach Park and I fully intend on reporting back about the charm of the town when I return. I'm not bringing my computer so I will have to rely on my Iphone for my necessary doses of info each day. I'll end this post with one of my favorite quotes because it just seems appropriate.

"The cure for anything is salt water-sweat, tears or the sea."

No comments: