Pages

Thursday, February 26, 2009

One Day at a Time...

Sometimes inspiration can come from the most unlikely places...

My quest for a new job has been pretty encouraging so far, and it's only been a few weeks. I have gone on several interviews, connected with amazing contacts, both old and new, and learned a lot about myself and my goals in the process.

This week, I had a few days where I started to feel sorry for myself, and considered stay in bed all day long. But someone wise told me to take advantage of this free time and to use it wisely. I have been forcing myself to get up, get dressed and go out and experience the world, if only to keep my sanity. As I sit here in my absolute new favorite place, Subtle Tea in Murray Hill (shout out--love the chai lattes, potato bacon soup and friendly employees), I realize that my journey is just beginning and my dream job awaits me. This place is filled with people trying to live their dreams and they don't seem to be deterred by unemployment, the economy or anything else. I've heard people say that if you are passionate about something and love what you do, you will be successful. I think that greatness awaits me, and one day (hopefully soon!) I will be writing or publicizing for a living, mingling with fabulous and creative minds, and working at an amazing place in NYC doing what I love. Until then...I am enjoying the free time to catch up on my reading, surfing of the interwebs and soul searching...

No comments: