Pages

Monday, February 8, 2010

Was there a football game?

I watch the Superbowl for the commercials, the halftime show and the snacks--let's face it-I just don't get the sport! As usual, there were good commercials, bad commercials and meh commercials. I know every blogger out there has analyzed and dissected and linked to just about every ad so I won't rehash it all here. I'll simply note that the best ad of the night-the only one that evoked true emotion-which I believe is the sign of advertising perfection, was the Google, Parisian Love ad. Hands down. Simple, to the point, told a story, displayed the product, memorable. For those of you who somehow missed it, Enjoy!


Beyond this-I laughed a few times and enjoyed Betty White Snickers, Dodge Charger, The Doritos ones (they were "edgy" come on) and the Megan Fox Motorola Ad. I definitely noticed a not so subtle theme of threatened masculinity and wonder if men are really that insecure? I'd like to think not...

What was YOUR favorite ad?

No comments: