Pages

Thursday, June 26, 2008

PR 101

So lately it seems like a lot of our clients don't really grasp what PR is, and how it works. They know they need it, and they may understand the basic "I want to be on the front page of the NY Times" mentality, but beyond that, they just don't seem to get it.

Sometimes even when I tell people what I do, I can tell they have no clue what it really means. "Oh you're in PR, does that mean you get to go to a lot of cool parties?" Emm sometimes...but not nearly enough :)

So here's what I wish the general public and ideally, all our clients would understand, about what we do as a publicists. It's not always about getting on the front page of the paper or on the 5 o'clock news (sometimes it is, and those times are great too!). But other times, it's about patience and finding the right target market. And that's our jobs, so trust us, and let us find your niche for you. Let us get your name out there and get you known for the right things. But please, have a little faith, and give us a little time!

1 comment:

Hilary said...

Amen! I think that a big part of our job is to keep educating.... Thanks for the post!